The Board of Public Works & Safety met Wednesday to discuss a multitude of topics, including Oktoberfest, which will take place 4-1o p.m. Saturday at Pike Place in downtown Crawfordsville. There will be a partial street closure from Pike Place to the Pentecostal Church. Set up for the event will take place 2-4 p.m. Saturday.
In other business, the board:
• Approved a request for multiple dates for Fat Bottom Donuts to park its food truck.
• Approved a noise abatement request from Sigma Chi fraternity until midnight Saturday.
• Approved the annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk, which is set for Oct. 12.
• Agreed to an Indiana Department of Transportation construction change order and time extension summary. Construction on the trail at Wabash will take place in the fall of 2019 rather than June 2020. Construction will help prepare the trail for the upcoming winter.
• Gave Barry Lewis, code enforcement officer, approval to clean and mow at 707 Tuttle Ave.; mow a lot on South Boulevard; mow at 405 E. Market St.; and mow at 612 Spann Ave.
• Approved the demolition of a residence at 506 Binford St. for the creation of a Habitat House.