Montgomery County Community Foundation partners with Putnam County Community Foundation to host a Nonprofit Learning Series for local nonprofit organizations. Topics center on issues related to the operation of a nonprofit organization. Two workshops remain in the 2019 series.
On Sept. 10, Beth Cline will present “Building an Effective Budget.” Attendees will discover the tools and practices of building an effective budget and ensuring the financial sustainability of the organization for years to come. The interactive workshop will examine:
• Collaborative efforts needed to create an annual budget – What are the roles of staff and board members?
• Benefits of prioritizing expenses year-to-year—How to accurately forecast expenses for future years.
• How to plan for unanticipated expenses—The process of being proactive versus reactive in budgeting.
Cline is the volunteer engagement senior director for the United Way of Central Indiana. She has extensive experience in facilitation, team building and event planning at a variety of local nonprofits.
On Oct. 8, Ann Updegraff-Spleth will present “Maximize Your Fundraising Success.” Participants will discover the tools and practices needed to strengthen your organizations fundraising abilities. This interactive workshop will examine:
• Drafting a fundraising plan — Discover how to efficiently use your time and resources to achieve fundraising goals.
• Cultivating relationships — How to continue identifying new donors, as you also maintain good relations with current donors.
• Online Fundraising — What knowledge and skills are needed for online fundraising?
Updegraff Spleth is the chief operating officer for the Kiwanis Children’s Fund. She is a certified fundraising executive and is an adjunct faculty member at the Lilly Family School of Philanthropy at Indiana University. She is a recognized expert and has taught extensively on strategic planning, planning for fundraising and board development.
To register, stop in the MCCF office at 119 E. Main St. or register online at pcfoundation.org. The fee is $20 with lunch included. Advance registration is recommended; registration at the door will be accepted as space allows.
In addition to the partnership with Putnam County Community Foundation, local sponsorship is provided by Hoosier Heartland State Bank.