Update

Affordable Auto fire caused by natural gas leak

Posted

A fire that destroyed Affordable Auto Sales on Lafayette Road during the early morning hours of Oct. 21 was determined to have been caused by a natural gas leak, investigators from the Indiana State Fire Marshal’s Office confirmed Monday.

The fire, which began shortly after 3 a.m., drew a full response from the Crawfordsville Fire Department, which extinguished the fully engulfed building by
6 a.m.

However, a gas leak continued to burn into daytime hours before it was ultimately put out.

The building was unoccupied at the time of the fire and no injuries of any kind were reported, Battalion and C-shift Captain Nate Patton said.

Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment