FOUNTAIN AND WARREN COUNTIES, Ind. — The Indiana Department of Transportation announces work will begin on various bridges on U.S. 41 and State Road 63 in Fountain and Warren Counties. The contractor plans to begin on or after April 3. The bridges will be restricted to one 15’ travel lane while work is underway.
Rieth-Riley Construction Co., was awarded the $435,392 contract. This project includes bridge joint approach work on the following bridges:
• U.S. 41 over Irish Run Creek, located over one mile south of U.S. 136
• U.S. 41 over Dry Run Creek, located just north of I-74
•U.S. 41 over an Unnamed Creek, located nearly one mile south of S.R. 26
• S.R. 63 over Redwood Creek located nearly two miles south of S.R. 28
• S.R. 63 over Norfolk and Southern Railroad
• S.R. 63 nearly one mile north of the north junction of S.R. 263
• S.R. 63 over I-74
This project is scheduled for completion in June.
INDOT reminds motorists to follow the posted work zone speed limit, use caution and consider worker safety when traveling through a construction zone.