With four new members, the Montgomery County Council met for the first time in the new year.
The council used the first meeting to get organized and welcome Brett Cating, Joyce Grimble, Steve Loy and Matt Nelson, who all won seats in the 2022 general election.
“I want to welcome the new members to the council,” Council President David Hunt said. “Thank you for serving.”
The council’s first business was to elect officers. Hunt will serve as president and Jake Bohlander will serve as vice president.
The law firm of Taylor, Minnette, Schneider and Clutter was appointed as legal council. Attorney Dan Taylor will be the point person for legal matters.
The following appointments also were made:
• Nelson to the Montgomery County Solid Waste District
• Loy to the Montgomery County Plan Commission
• Gary Booth and Phil Little to the Redevelopment Commission
• Bohlander and Grimble to the Regional Sewer District Board
• John Hedrick to the Board of Zoning Appeals
Appointment of liaisons to county departments and other organizations also were made. They are:
• Highway — Booth
• Sheriff, EMA, Coroner and 911 Center — Booth
• Soil and Water Conservation District and Extension Office — Grimble
• Commissioners, Mapping, Building Maintenance, Surveyor, Veterans’ Services, Weights and Measures — Loy
• Clerk, Judges, Probation, Prosecutor and Public Defender — Bohlander
• Assessor, Auditor, Recorder and Treasurer — Nelson
• HIPAA Compliance —Grimble
• Animal Welfare League — Cating
• Information Technology Committee — Bohlander
• Internal Controls Committee — Loy
• Tax Abatement Committee — Nelson
The next council meeting will be 9 a.m. Feb. 14 at the Montgomery County Government Center.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here