The Montgomery County Highway Department has mapped out road projects for more than 39 miles of roadway in 2022.
The county’s latest highway improvement plan includes cold mix asphalt, paving and chip seal work. Crews will also replace culverts before starting paving.
Cold mix asphalt projects are planned for the following roads:
• C.R. 500S between State Road 47 and U.S. 231
• C.R. 600S between State Road 47 and C.R. 600W
• Oak Hill Road between the Crawfordsville city limits and Old State Road 55
• C.R. 400S between U.S. 136 and C.R. 1000E
• C.R. 100E between New Ross and C.R. 200S
• C.R. 200S between C.R. 1000 and 1075E
Crews also plan to pave Nucor Road between State Road 32 and C.R. 500S and C.R. 700E between Bridge #25 and the Darlington town limits.
The paving projects will be funded through the state’s Community Crossings Matching Grant program.
The list of roads planned for chip seal work includes:
• C.R. 1000S between C.R. 550E and C.R. 350E
• C.R. 475W between State Road 234 and C.R. 700S
• C.R. 225W between State Road 234 and C.R. 950S
• C.R. 500S between C.R. 310E and C.R. 200E
• Fall Creek Road between State Road 32 and C.R. 600W
• C.R. 75S between U.S. 136 and the dead end
• C.R. 550E between State Road 32 and C.R. 150N
• C.R. 150S between State Road 231 and C.R. 325W
• Watermelon Holler between Cassidy Road and C.R. 275E
• C.R. 590E between State Road 47 and Cassidy Road
• C.R. 1000E between C.R. 1050N and Bowers
• C.R. 675E between C.R. 300N and C.R. 400N.
The highway department cautions that all plans are subject to change.