FRANKLIN, Ind. — Franklin College’s 2022 Commencement took place on May 21 in Spurlock Center Gymnasium on the Franklin College campus. The event was also live-streamed on the college’s website. The top five majors of the graduating class were business, exercise science, biology, psychology, and history. The college conferred 172 undergraduate degrees and 31 graduate degrees.
Jamie P. Merisotis, president and CEO of Lumina Foundation, delivered the commencement address, and was awarded an honorary doctorate of humane letters during the ceremony.
The senior class speaker was Brynne E. Newland, a resident of Bloomington, who majored in elementary education and minored in Spanish and English as a new language. Newland plans to return to Bloomington to teach this fall.
Preceding commencement on May 20, the Rev. Troy Jackson, Ph.D., a 1991 alumnus of the college, gave the baccalaureate address and received an honorary doctorate of divinity degree from the college. Jackson is the co-founder of Undivided and the state strategies director for Faith in Action.
Graduates from West Central Indiana include:
• Taylor Lynn Dixon of Bainbridge earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in multimedia journalism. She graduated cum laude.
• Cameron Lee Harris of Crawfordsville earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in public relations.
• Brogan C. Sanders of Mecca earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in history.
• Lauren Elizabeth Schuld of Terre Haute earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in elementary education. She graduated magna cum laude.
• Hope Elizabeth Shrum of Spencer earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in French, multimedia journalism and sports communications.
• Grace Ellen Vicars of Dana earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in exercise science. She graduated magna cum laude.
• Colin Stephen York of Greencastle,earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in business (finance). He graduated magna cum laude.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here