Throughout this past weekend, the Indiana State Police Lafayette Post conducted targeted patrols across the district focused on dangerous and impaired drivers. During this time, troopers also worked eight property damage crashes and four personal injury crashes.
Statistics from the weekend:
• 203 traffic stops
• 10 arrested for operating a vehicle while intoxicated
• Five drug-related charges
• Five driving while suspended prior/operating without ever receiving a license
• Two warrant arrests
• One habitual traffic violator arrest
• One resisting law enforcement arrest
• One resisting law enforcement with a vehicle arrest
The Indiana State Police is committed to traffic safety and will continue to conduct saturation patrols to locate and apprehend impaired drivers. We would like to remind the public to designate a sober driver or utilize ride-sharing companies.
To report a suspected impaired driver, call 9-1-1. When you call, be prepared to describe the vehicle, location and direction of travel.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here