INDIANAPOLIS — The 500 Festival has selected nine marching bands from across the U.S. to perform in the 67th annual AES 500 Festival Parade on May 27 in downtown Indianapolis. The Montgomery County United Band and Guard has been invited to perform and help celebrate this year’s theme, Fueling May.
On the day before the Indianapolis 500, these nine nationally recognized bands will march the streets of downtown Indianapolis for one of the nation’s largest parades, the AES 500 Festival Parade. The selected marching bands will perform for more than 200,000 spectators lining the 2-mile parade route. An additional one million TV viewers from around the country will tune in to the AES 500 Festival Parade’s Indianapolis market broadcast on WTHR, Channel 13 and national broadcast on Peacock.
Band lineup for the 2023 AES 500 Festival Parade:
• Montgomery County United Band, Montgomery County United
• Clearfield Bison Band, Clearfield Area Jr./Sr. High School (Clearfield, Pennsylvania)
• Indiana All-Star Marching Band, National Band Association (Zionsville)
• Indianapolis Public Schools All City Marching Band (Indianapolis)
• Purdue “All-American” Marching Band, Purdue University (West Lafayette)
• Speedway 500 Regiment, Speedway High School (Speedway)
• The Force of Winchester, Winchester Community High School (Winchester)
• Tiger Pride Band, Northwestern High School (Kokomo)
• 38th Infantry Division Band, Indiana National Guard (Indianapolis)
“We are thrilled to have these talented musicians as a part of this year’s AES 500 Festival Parade,” said Bob Bryant, president and CEO of the 500 Festival. “Their lively performances will bring an elated energy and spirit to the city’s biggest race-weekend celebration!”
One of the 500 Festival’s original events, the AES 500 Festival Parade is one of the nation’s largest, most respected parades, consistently earning national acclaim alongside the Pasadena Tournament of Roses Parade and the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. More than 200,000 people will line the streets of downtown Indianapolis to experience the magic, fanfare, and excitement of the AES 500 Festival Parade. An iconic race-weekend tradition, the Parade will feature spectacular floats, larger-than-life helium balloons, marching bands from across the country, celebrities and everyday heroes, and the 33 drivers that will be competing in the 107th Running of the Indianapolis 500, presented by Gainbridge.
The 2023 AES 500 Festival Parade will take place May 27, with festivities starting at 11:45 a.m. ET in downtown Indianapolis, and the parade starting at noon.
AES 500 Festival Parade tickets can be purchased at 500festival.com/tickets or by calling 317-614-6400. The AES 500 Festival Parade will be broadcast nationally on Peacock and to the Indianapolis market on WTHR, Channel 13.
For more information about the AES 500 Festival Parade, visit 500festival.com/parade or search #aes500Parade on social media.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here