Nancy Sennett, United Way in Montgomery County 2021 Campaign Chair, announced the 2021 campaign cabinet on Tuesday.
Dr. Kathleen Steele joins the team as vice chair. She will work directly with the Sennett in preparation for leading the 2022 campaign. Steele is the former superintendent of the Crawfordsville Community Schools where she profoundly impacted the lives of many local children and families over the past 49 years. Because of her commitment to the community, she enthusiastically supports the United Way in Montgomery County and its 15 partner agencies.
“I have seen first-hand how these programs have positively impacted the students and families in Montgomery County,” Steele said. “Every one of them offers important resources to improve the mental health, education and welfare of our community.”
Joining Sennett and Steele on the campaign cabinet are individuals from the local community who volunteer to steward the campaign each year. Division leaders include:
• Industry — Bill Koons, Pace Dairy Foods site leader
• Commercial & Small Business — Kayla Bretney, Metronet Inc. business account executive and Jim Johnson, Fusion 54 Director
• Public Service — Kim Clark, Crawfordsville Parks & Rec Senior Program Director
• Wabash Student Drive — Dr. Eric Olofson, Wabash College Associate Professor of Psychology
• Agriculture/Rural — Karin Kerber Odle, North Montgomery school board member/Odle Farms and Margaret Sennett, Hoosier Heartland State Bank Commercial Loan Assistant/Sennett Cattle Co.
• Golf Scramble and Campaign Dinner — Michele Hunley, Michele Hunley & Associates American Family Insurance
Building on the 50-year legacy as MUFFY, United Way in Montgomery County staff and campaign cabinet will hold a series of events beginning in August and continuing into the fall with the annual workplace drive.
“By giving to the United Way in Montgomery County, you are helping our local citizens. It is just the right thing to do,” Steele said. “Your gift, big or small, makes a difference in someone’s life.”