Welcome to our new web site!
To give our readers a chance to experience all that our new website has to offer, we have made all content freely avaiable, through October 1, 2018.
During this time, print and digital subscribers will not need to log in to view our stories or e-editions.
Christmas is just around the corner, or so it seems. One sure sign of Christmas is the appearance of holly-dressed donation containers around the community. Their appearance signifies that Volunteers for Mental Health in Montgomery County (an agency of Montgomery County United Fund) are busy working toward making the holidays brighter for those in need. Through the generosity of the Montgomery County community, over 200 individuals received bags of gifts last year.
VMHMC needs your help again this year. Mens and ladies clothing are needed for adults in local nursing facilities, group homes, Halfway Home, Trinity Life Ministry and the Family Crisis Shelter. Last year, gifts were also given to homeless veterans, Blue Star Mothers, the Generations unit at Franciscan Health Crawfordsville and the Indiana Veterans’ Home in West Lafayette.
In great demand are sweat tops and bottoms, especially in sizes M through XXXL. Additional adult clothing for men and women (cardigans, socks, underwear) are welcome. Coloring books, colored pencils, cards, and stationery items are given as well. If in doubt about an item you may have to share, feel free to place it in one of the containers around the community. If it cannot be used by VMHMC, the item will be shared with someone who can use it.
VMHMC will collect unwrapped gifts at these locations until Dec. 2:
• Allen’s Country Kitchen, 101 E. Main St., Crawfordsville
• Chase Bank, 200 S. Washington St., Crawfordsville
• Fusion 54, 101 W. Main St., Crawfordsville
• Hoosier Heartland State Savings Bank (Crawfordsville East), 1400 Darlington Ave.
• Hoosier Heartland State Savings Bank (Crawfordsville South), 1661 U.S. 231 South
• Hoosier Heartland State Savings Bank (Ladoga), 123 E. Main St.
• Hoosier Heartland State Savings Bank (Linden), 100 N. Meridian St., Linden
• Hoosier Heartland State Savings Bank (New Ross), 100 N. Main St., P.O. Box 188, New Ross 47968
•Joshua Cup, 111 E. Main St., Crawfordsville
• Pipher’s Engine, 204 S. Vine St., Wingate
• Recovery Rec Center, 1300 Ladoga Rd. Crawfordsville
• Stock+Field (formerly Big R ), 1601 U.S. 231 South, Crawfordsville
• Teachers Credit Union, 1570 U.S. 231 South, Crawfordsville
• Young’s Chapel Christian Church, 4527 N. C.R. 200E, Crawfordsville
The gifts should be new and unwrapped. Volunteers sort and select the gifts. Montgomery County youth will help wrap the gifts.
Monetary donations are also accepted. They help VMHMC purchase special wishes and hard-to-find items. Checks should be made payable to Volunteers for Mental Health and mailed to: VMHMC c/o Luke Walker, P.O. Box 491, Crawfordsville, IN 47933.
Volunteers for Mental Health is a 501C-3 charitable organization. All donations are tax deductible. Contact Kym Bushong at 765-225-9599 or 765-866-1468 or Mindy Like at 217-433-7613 for more information.