The Women’s Legacy Fund of the Montgomery County Community Foundation is accepting grants now through noon March 25 for local nonprofits with a mission to support women and/or children.
The Women’s Legacy Fund comprises women who are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of women and children in Montgomery County. To accomplish this goal, each member of the fund makes a donation to the MCCF, pooling these gifts to increase the impact of their efforts. The donations are divided such that one third of each gift goes into an endowed fund that will forever benefit women and children in Montgomery County. The remaining two-thirds are combined into a pool of funds that allow for an annual grant to one or more Montgomery County nonprofit organizations that benefits women and girls. Eligible applicant organizations must have a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status.
Since 2008, the WLF has made 49 grants to 22 county nonprofit organizations totaling more than $141,788.
Interested nonprofit organizations may submit a grant application for a project that will serve women and children in the county. Application instructions can be found on the MCCF’s website at http://www.mccf-in.org at the tab, “Grants/How to Apply.”
Email questions about the application procedure to Cheryl Keim at the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 765-362-1267. Questions about the grant should be directed by email to Karen Thada at email@example.com.
Organizations receiving a grant will be expected to use it between June 2022 to May 2023.
• March 25 by noon: Grant application form with required appendices should be completed online.
• April 7: Finalists notified of their status.
• April 19 at 6:30 p.m.: Organizations selected as finalists will present their proposal to the Fund members (COVID-19 circumstances will determine in-person or online).
• April 26: Grant recipients notified of their award and should be prepared to implement their programs soon thereafter.
• Dec. 1 at 6:30 p.m.: Grant recipients will provide a program update to the Fund members (COVID-19 circumstances will determine in-person or online).
• May 26, 2023: Grant recipients must provide a final written summary, including a financial report.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here