UPDATED APRIL 9, 2020
Here is a list of event changes or cancellations due to the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). Please check this list frequently as it will be updated.
To have your business, group or organization or event added to this list, please contact the newsroom at 765-362-1200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Crawfordsville City Facilities — Closed to the public Monday, March 16, including the City Building, 300 E. Pike St.; Fusion 54, 101 W. Main St.; Street Department, 107 N. Vermont St.; Crawfordsville Park & Rec, 922 E. South Blvd. All senior programs are closed immediately. The Rec Center will close Tuesday, March 17.
• Sunshine Vans — May be used only for medical trips.
• City of Crawfordsville Utilities Office — No in-person payments accepted. Payments may be deposited in the city building drop box; over the phone at 1-844-562-1960; or online at www.crawfordsville.net.
• Public meetings of city boards, commissions, etc. will only be held if there is a time-sensitive agenda.
• Waynetown Town Hall — Closed to the public until further notice.
• City of Crawfordsville — Trash sticker service suspended April 13-24.
• Crawfordsville-Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce — Will cancel or postpone all Chamber events through March and April.
• Restaurants, night clubs and bars — Asked to limit service to carry-out or delivery only.
• Hoosier Heartland State Bank — Temporarily suspending access to branch lobbies and will offer drive-up services only until further notice.
• Plant Fitness, Crawfordsville — Closed until further notice.
• Simon — Closing all retail properties, including malls, premium outlets in the U.S., until further notice.
• AMC Theaters — Closed nationwide until further notice.
• Rasmussen Family Denistry — Closed until further notice.
• Kingman High School Alumni Banquest — Scheduled for May 9 has been canceled.
• Character Counts! Breakfast — Scheduled for May 14 has been canceled.
• Crawfordsville Strawberry Festival — Canceled for this year; a smaller version may take place later in the year, if possible.
• New Richmond Fourth of July Festival — Canceled for this year.
• All public and private schools closed through the remainder of this academic year. E-learning and waivers being utilized by individual districts.
• Wabash College — In-person classes suspended for the remainder of the spring semester. Commencement will be rescheduled, likely later in the summer.
• Crawfordsville District Public Library — Closed until further notice.
• Carnegie Museum of Montgomery County — Closed until futher notice.
• Covington-Veedersburg Public Library — Closed through April 11.
• Rotary Jail Museum — Closed until further notice.
• The Montgomery County Historical Society — Will delay the season opening of the Lane Place.
• General Lew Wallace Study & Museum — Closed until futher notice.
• Linden Carnegie Public Library — Closed until further notice. Online books are available. Call library at 765-339-4239.
• Darlington Public Library — Closed until further notice. All loaned items may be returned when library re-opens.. If the situation changes, we will post a notice on the front door and notify the newspaper.
• St. John’s Episcopal Church — No in-person worship services until further notice
• Grace and Mercy Ministiries Food Pantry — Will be drive-thru only until further notice. Regular hours are 1-3 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays.
• Christ's United Methodist Church — Worship services canceled until further notice. Visit the church's Facebook page at 10 a.m. Sunday to view a sermon. All Holy Week services are canceled.
• First Baptist Church — Wednesday night activities canceled through April 15.
• New Richmond Christian Church — All services are canceled until further notice. This includes the Freedom program. Video services will be available each Sunday; a link will be on the church Facebook page.
• New Market United Methodist Church — Suspended worship services for the next four weeks.
• Montgomery County Jail — Lobby closed until further notice, which means no public entry or visitation.
• Fountain County Jail — Emergency visits only. Contact the jail for additional information.
• Crawfordsville Aquatics Center Pool — Closed until further notice.
• Animal Welfare League of Montgomery County — Closed until further notice.
• Boys & Girls Club of Montgomery County — No programming until futher notice.
• It Takes a Village — Closed until further notice.
• U.S. Census Bureau — Suspending all field operations until early April.
• Center for Disease Control and Prevention website — www.coronavirus.gov
• Indiana State Department of Health website — www.in.gov/coronavirus