UPDATED TUESDAY, MARCH 24, 2020:
Here is a list of event changes or cancellations due to the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). Please check this list frequently as it will be updated.
To have your business, group or organization or event added to this list, please contact the newsroom at 765-362-1200 or email email@example.com.
• Crawfordsville City Facilities — Closed to the public Monday, March 16, including the City Building, 300 E. Pike St.; Fusion 54, 101 W. Main St.; Street Department, 107 N. Vermont St.; Crawfordsville Park & Rec, 922 E. South Blvd. All senior programs are closed immediately. The Rec Center will close Tuesday, March 17.
• Sunshine Vans — May used only for medical trips.
• City of Crawfordsville Utilities Office — No in-person payments accepted. Payments may be deposited in the city building drop box; over the phone at 1-844-562-1960; or online at www.crawfordsville.net.
• Public meetings of city boards, commissions, etc. will only be held if there is a time-sensitive agenda.
• Crawfordsville/Montgomery County Economic Development Authority — Monday, March 23 meeting has been canceled. The next meeting is April 27.
• Crawfordsville Historic Preservation Commission — Wednesday, March 25 meeting has been canceled. Next meeting is April 22.
• Waynetown Town Hall — Closed to the public until further notice.
• Crawfordsville-Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce — Will cancel or postpone all Chamber events through March and April.
• Restaurants, night clubs and bars — Asked to limit service to carry-out or delivery.
• Hoosier Heartland State Bank — Temporarily suspending access to branch lobbies and will offer drive-up services only until further notice.
• Plant Fitness, Crawfordsville — Closing for two weeks, effective 10 p.m. Tuesday, March 17.
• Simon — Closing all retail properties, including malls, premium outlets in the U.S., effective 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 18 through March 29.
• AMC Theaters — Closed nationwide until further notice.
• ASI — Suspended day programming until at least April 7.
• Rasmussen Family Denistry — Closed for two weeks, beginning Thursday, March 19.
• Storm Spotter Training — Canceled Monday, March 30.
• Smartsburg Pickers — No acoustic jam in March.
• Dusk to Dawn Fashion Show for Mental Health — April 3 canceled.
• Athens Arts Gallery 10-Year Celebration Gala — April 4 postponed.
• Montgomery County Extension Homemakers Spring Tea — Tuesday, April 7 has been canceled.
• Character Counts! Breakfast — Scheduled for May 14 has been canceled.
• All public and private schools closed until May 1. E-learning and waivers being utilized by individual districts.
• Wabash College — In-person classes suspended for the remainder of the spring semester. Commencement will be rescheduled, likely later in the summer.
• Crawfordsville District Public Library — Closed until further notice.
• Carnegie Museum of Montgomery County — Closed until futher notice.
• Covington-Veedersburg Public Library — Closed through April 11.
• Rotary Jail Museum — Closed for two weeks.
• Carnegie Museum of Montgomery County — Closed through April 4.
• The Montgomery County Historical Society — Will delay the season opening of the Lane Place until April 8.
• General Lew Wallace Study & Museum — Closed until futher notice.
• Linden Carnegie Public Library — Closed until April 6. Online books are available. Call library at 765-339-4239.
• Darlington Public Library — Closed from March 25 through April 6. All loaned items may be returned when library re-opens.. If the situation changes, we will post a notice on the front door and notify the newspaper.
• St. John’s Episcopal Church — No in-person worship services through the end of March.
• Ecumenical Lenten Soup Supper Series at First Christian Church — Canceled.
• Grace and Mercy Ministiries Food Pantry — Will be drive-thru only March 19 through April 10. Regular hours are 1-3 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays.
• Christ Lutheran Church — In-person worship on Sunday, March 22 canceled.
• Women's Lenten Breakfast — Saturday, March 21 session at Crossroads of the Nazarene and Saturday, March 28 session at Christ United Methodist Church have been canceled.
• Men's Lenten Breakfast — Canceled.
• Christ's United Methodist Church — Worship services canceled until further notice. Visit the church's Facebook page at 10 a.m. Sunday to view a sermon. All Holy Week services are canceled.
• First Baptist Church — Wednesday night activities canceled through April 15.
• New Richmond Christian Church — All services are canceled until further notice. This includes the Freedom program. Video services will be available each Sunday; a link will be on the church Facebook page.
• New Market United Methodist Church — Suspended worship services for the next four weeks.
• Montgomery County Jail — Lobby closed for the next two weeks, which means no public entry or visitation.
• Fountain County Jail — Emergency visits only. Contact the jail for additional information.
• Crawfordsville Aquatics Center Pool — Closed until Monday, March 30.
• Animal Welfare League of Montgomery County — Closed until further notice.
• Boys & Girls Club of Montgomery County — All programming closed (no children during this time), but regular business hours of 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. will continue March 16-20. Club will be closed the week of spring break (March 23-27 as previously scheduled). Club will reassess the situation at the end of spring break and make a determination about reopening.
• Crawfordsville Academy of Dance — Will resume classes March 30.
• It Takes a Village — Closed until further notice.
• U.S. Census Bureau — Suspending all field operations until early April.
• Center for Disease Control and Prevention website — www.coronavirus.gov
• Indiana State Department of Health website — www.in.gov/coronavirus