The Sugar Creek Players recently announce changes to its summer schedule at the Vanity Theater.
Due to the current government restrictions on group gatherings, the directives on social distancing and the group’s inability to access its rehearsal and performance space — and in recognition of the public health concerns which have led to these measures — SCP has tentatively amended its season. The currently projected schedule is as follows:
• “Arsenic and Old Lace” has moved to one weekend of shows, Thursday through Sunday, June 4-7.
• “Thoroughly Modern Millie” has moved to June 26-28, July 3 and July 5 (skipping July 4).
• “Mamma Mia!” has kept its original scheduled dates of July 24-26 and July 31-Aug. 2.
• Auditions for “Thoroughly Modern Millie” and “Mamma Mia!” will be announced at a later date when more information is available.
• Plans for how we will handle previously purchased tickets will be announced when we have a firmer idea of when our shows will go onstage.
These dates are subject to change based on how the pandemic affects Indiana.
“We look forward to producing quality shows for you again in the future,” the SCP press release stated. “However, we rely almost entirely on ticket sales; like many small theaters, we cannot survive long without you, our patrons. If this situation continues and we are unable to put on our shows, we will run out of money. Any support you can give us during this vulnerable time would be very much appreciated.”
Consider making a tax-deductible charitable gift to support general operations Visit www.sugarcreekplayers.org and click the “Donations Welcomed” link.